Monday, July 19, 2004

Confusion about the Message

(Overheard at the Offices of the Center for Consumer Freedom.)  
Flunky:  Look, Boss I'm just not sure about this latest article
 
Boss:  What, that hollywood piece?  It's boffo. 
 
Flunky:  Well it's gratifying, but what's our point?  I mean do we list all these hollywood people and point out how according to Government Regulations they are all overweight.
 
Boss:  So.  Gives a visual representation of how over regulated we are, and how detatched from the real world Government pencil pushers are? 
 
Flunky:  Yeah Boss, but we don't like Hollywood either.
 
Buss: (eating Danish) What's that?
 
Flunky:  Our fans don't like Hollywood either. 
 
Boss:  So?
 
Flunky:  Well this is going to make them look good, isn't it?  Sort of pointing out their healthfulness. 
 
Boss:  So we make a lot of jokes about how big hollywood types are all fatsos.  I thought I had a few jokes like that in there anyway.  Something about Conan the Obese?
 
Flunky:  Yeah, I noticed that.  You know he's a republican, right? 
 
Boss:  Yeah but Conan was a piece of crap, so I figure it's ok. 
 
Flunky: Anyway I'm just saying our message might be a little confused.  Are we angry at the regulators or Hollywood. 
 
Boss:  Look, nobody will notice, so who gives a  damn?  Just run it and let's go have lunch. 
OK not really heard at the offices of the Center for Consumer Freedom. I made that part up. But the rest of it is true.

No comments: