Saturday, October 04, 2003

Your weekly Rush

There are others, not me, who are telling other people to shut up, to not say things because they don't have the right to say things, they don't have the right to think things, and they ought to be punished when they do, but it's not me. I'm not the one that's intolerant nor are many on my side of the ideological aisle.

I'm not a big supporter of ESPN's decision to show Rush Limbuagh the door, but this is a bit disingenious. He and his supporters have been on a tear about Hollywood liberals all year long. There are websites set up specifically to silence Hollywood liberals. And, let us note, it's not like Alec Baldwin stops in the middle of a scene to rail on President Bush. Limbaugh did make his comments during his performance, and, from ESPN's position, it hurt his performance in the job they had hired him for.

I do think ESPN should have given Rush a second chance, but I can see their side of it too.

No comments: