Friday, October 10, 2003

Arnolds Greatest Movie Line?

Jonah Goldberg weighs in on the California Recall situation, and opines on Governor Schwarzenegger's greatest line. "Considering the array of forces against him, particularly in liberal feminist circles, he actually managed to make his greatest movie line a reality. In "Conan the Barbarian," he was asked, "What is best in life?" and he responded, "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Well, by that standard, Schwarzenegger's certainly enjoying the good life. But you can listen to lamentations only so long before you've got to get to work. And he's got a lot of work to do.
"

I don't know if that's really his greatest line. What about "I never realized how lonely I was." from Junior? Or "I knew you wouldn't let me down." from Total Recall? Or "I don't know what the problem is, but I'm sure it can be solved without resorting to violence." from Twins? Or "I want my life back." from the Sixth Day?

At any rate, Goldbergs right about the mountain of problems Arnold's going to be facing.

No comments: