Thursday, October 09, 2003

Strong words from Calpundit

Thanks to Tom Tomorrow who pointed this out.

Calpundit has a strong analysis of the modern Republican Party. "Republicans won't rest until abortion is completely outlawed, Social Security is abolished, the welfare state is completely rolled back, the book of Genesis is taught in science classes, and the federal income tax is abolished.

When I occasionally repeat (milder) versions of this here, my conservative commenters think I'm nuts. "Every party has a few wingnuts," they say. "These guys don't have any real influence."

And the thing is, I think they're telling the truth. With a couple of exceptions, I think the kind of conservatives who visit here don't believe this. It's absurd. It's a caricature.
"

The whole article is worth reading, particularly for its analysis of the Texas Republican Party Platform.

No comments: