Saturday, October 18, 2003

New York City Journal #1

I'm not sure how best to do this, so I'm going to do it this way. I am in New York for the next week, and in part I am going to pass on my experiences to you in a way that will be of some interest. But I intend to continue political stuff too. So we'll see.

Wrote this bit a while ago, while I was waiting for my room to come open.

I’m sitting in the Europa CafĂ© across the street from the old Ed Sullivan theater where David Letterman is currently doing his show. I can see the LAT which begins late night. I hae just finished a delicious chicken salad and will soon be eating a Pecan treat of some kind. It looks like Pecan Pie, but of course, it’s not. After this I’m going to go over to the CBS store and then find another subway stop and go down to lower midtown. Went to one off of Columbus Circle, and the subway card machine was busted. Stupid Manhatten.

It’s a quiet place and I am sitting at one end, minding my own business. Which is what I am best at.

I can’t post from here, natch. It’s a restaurant and there’s no internet hook up. We’ll have to see later—at around 3:00 apparently. That’s 3 hours and 20 minutes from now. So when you read this, it will be much later in the afternoon.

Dropped my luggage off at the Windsor Hemsley, a very old and proper hotel. Seemed nice enough, but you can’t really judge that till you see the room. And I have not as yet seen my room. Still can’t be that bad.


Well I can judge now--it's not great it's not bad. The bed is comfy enough and I don't plan on spending a ton of time in the room anyway. Took a picture of Grand Central Terminal while I was waiting for a ride to my hotel. Here it is.



More to come.

No comments: