Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Who is the Real Enemy?

Well, is he [bin Laden] the enemy? Next slide. Or is this man [Saddam] the enemy? The enemy is none of these people I have showed you here. The enemy is a spiritual enemy. He’s called the principality of darkness. The enemy is a guy called Satan.
Lt. Gen. William “Jerry” Boykin

Well, you know what I knew that my God was bigger than his [Osman Atta, Somolian Muslim]. I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol. But I prayed, Lord let us get that man.
Also Lt. Gen. William “Jerry” Boykin

Cal Thomas is not very happy that the Military has apparently cracked down on Lt. Gen. Boykin for these remarks. Instead they should be promoting these views. They should be warning us that we are at war with Islam as a religion rather than with a few terrorist radicals.

I can’t understand why the President hasn’t jumped behind this initiative.

Thomas brings up several anti Israel comments made recently, but, don’t worry, he doesn’t put them in any sort of context.

Truthfully I feel kind of sorry for Boykin. He’s going to be a poster boy for the religious right and those who feel we haven’t done enough to kill Muslims. I don’t get the sense that that was his intention—but maybe I’m misreading the guy.

Maybe he is expecting President Bush to declare war on Satan.

No comments: