Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Projection

Projection, in this case, means taking your own flaws and projecting them onto others. For an example, take John Hawkins' latest article.
Additionally, conservatives tend to think liberals are merely stupid or emotional, while liberals tend to view conservatives as evil -- and liberals use that belief to justify lying about conservatives. After all, if you lie about someone who's evil to keep them from doing bad things, couldn't that be considered virtuous? You may disagree with that, but liberal politicians, bloggers, and journalists live by that rule. Any lie told about a conservative, even one that liberals know isn't true, will be uncritically repeated ad nauseum by the Left until the point it becomes politically disadvantageous to do so.
I should note that Hawkins includes a link to substantiate his assertion that Conservatives believe Liberals are dumb and emotional while Liberals believe Conservatives are evil. That link leads back to his own blog. I can't knock it; I do it myself on occasion.

I'm not sure I believe that myself. I think that there are plenty of Conservatives who believe that Liberals want to destroy America, want America to suffer, because they believe that a suffering America will give them power. I think this because I've heard them say it.

The overall subject of this article is how do Liberals lie about Conservatives. It's hard to write about this subject in a way without doing some self analysis at the same time. Because of course I am a liberal, and I don't think we lie about conservatives nearly as much as they lie about us. So I'll just note that of these 7 ways liberals lie about conservatives, I've seen conservatives utilize all 7.

No comments: