Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Got a Headache This Big

Actually I really do have a headache. Very busy day today. But I did want to point you to an article by Robert Scheer on McCain. I agree with him in the whole, although I think he points too much to the racism/sexism angle. Yeah there are people who just won't vote for a black man or a woman, but I don't know how large a block they are. And it's hard to tell, because the sort of people who wouldn't vote for a black man or a woman are also the sort of people who wouldn't vote for a Democrat.
By so unabashedly embracing the most glaringly failed U.S. president ever, McCain has surrendered the right to be considered an independent candidate, judged on his own merits and personal history. A vote for McCain is a vote for that rancid recipe mixing religious bigotry, imperial arrogance and corporate greed that he had stood against in the run-up to the 2000 presidential election, when he challenged George W. Bush, but to which he now has capitulated.
Yep, that's pretty much right.

No comments: