Friday, January 28, 2005

Round the Horn and the Dangers of Leaves

I just want to report that this morning for a brief period of time I was afraid of a leaf. I had opened the door and was heading out when I realized I should probably put on a jacket, so I turned around and saw something big and dark scuttle across the floor near my feet. After a moment I realized it was a leaf, and calmed down--but it was a moment of confusion.

Moving on.

And then . . . considers the pampered life of those (like Jonah Goldberg) who are comfortable with Torture.

blogAmY has some comments on the Kids Come First program, designed to help children get the medical attention they deserve.

Chris "Lefty" Brown has some thoughts on a recent plot twist at Law and Order.

Collective Sigh puts a human face on the ups and downs of the stock market (where Bush wants to put Social Security, if you'll recall).

Rooks Rant has a piece on a prediction President Bush made in 1988 about Social Security.

Dohiyi Mir has a story on how some Democrats are challenging the one party rule in the House and Senate.

Gamer's Nook has an interesting factoid about the new Secretary of States confirmation.

MercuryX23's Fantabulous Blog has a letter from his Congressperson about the proposed Delay rule.

Steve Gilliard's News Blog has a story on the rough and tumble world of pre-teen soccer.

Trish Wilson's Blog has hypothetical legal situations for those who want to test their minds.

And that's it for another week. Remember keep watching the leaves.

No comments: