Thursday, May 22, 2003

Junk Calls

Here's some commentary from Justin, who we haven't heard from in quite a while.

I don't know how things are where YOU live, but since I moved to my current residence I have been INUNDATED with unsolicited junk-mail and phone calls. Much of this I can do nothing about, but of late I have blown a fuse about one particular group. People who you already subscribe to using your billing information to call and try to sell you more stuff.

THIS I can do something about...

Today I implemented a new policy. I have told two people so far that not only will I NOT accept their current schpiel, but if I ever get a phone solicitation from their company again, that will be the last day that they will have me as a customer. I mean COME ON people. You already have me as a subscriber every month... you can't NOT think that you are annoying your customers when you do this. You have got to know that using billing information that your customer gave you in confidence to annoy them is going you yield you one very pissed off customer. I must say that it is quite gratifying to have someone audibly backpedal on the phone.

I have also started to get information from phone solicitors about how they got my number and who to contact to get my name removed from that list. Amazingly upon hearing the words "how did you get my number" and/or "let me talk to your supervisor" many of these so called phone experts apparently lose all ability at phone operation... to the degree that they are forced to accidentally hang up on me! Wow... if only I could instill that feeling in them BEFORE they dial my number.

I just wish there were some way to fry the circuits of people who spam email.

No comments: