Friday, July 22, 2005

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat, welcoming you to another edition of Round the Horn. My fourth if memory serves. I'm afraid that today's may be a big abbreviated. We are having a bit of a celebration. I just fired my thousandth worker. I was so tickled I gave him bus fare home.

Apparently President Bush has nominated someone to the Supreme Court, a Judge John Roberts. All Facts and Opinion has
some information on this gentleman, and I must say, he sounds like a delightful fellow. According to this, he is opposed to environmental protection and he's in favor of excessesive arrests, both strong plutocrat positions.

corrente has
some additional information about Judge Roberts. Apparently he may or may not have been a member of a secret society (called the Federalist Society, although I assume they are also an occultist group, what with the mention of elves), and he gave advice to the Presidents Brother on helping his Brother win Election (although we do not know what said advice consisted of.

Liberty Street has some
more information on Judge Roberts and also suggests that liberals fight as if they want to win, rather than being satisfied because President Bush could have picked someone worse. I must say, she has a point. In my negotiations, it's always important to set your goals high, forcing the other person to stretch.

Perhaps an experience from my past might help illuminate my point. A couple of years ago, some of my die cutters went out on strike, demanding a pay increase from a pittance to a pittance and a quarter. I put a stop to that. I had some associates collect bee-hives from around my summer cottage and we did thrust them into the midst of the striking employees. That put a stop to their lawless ways in hurry. And it was all because I refused to compromise on my desire to pay them only a pittance.

Bark Bark Woof Woof has
some more information on this Rove blackguard we keep hearing about. Apparently there is some discrepancy between what Rove and a gentleman associate have said and what reporters, testifying in the case, have said. This could leave Rove vulnerable to the charge of perjury. I find, in my various legal troubles, that it's best to be strictly honest and upfront with the court. And then bribe everybody and their mothers out of the courtroom.

bloggg has
a discussion on finding exactly the right purse or handbag to carry. I must say the designs are a little different than in my day, but they seem sturdy enough.

Dodecahedron has
a suggestion for bloggers - we should all take a month off from watching television news. That will be quite easy for me, as the Television has yet to be invented here.

Science and Politics has
a post on a recent literary release, a book about a person called Harry Potter. It sounds interesting enough.

Musing's Musings is
traveling through the American Southwest and visiting Shakespeare and Marlowe performances. The mind boggles at who could be performing Shakespeare among the sagebrush, but perhaps the area has become more civilized in the intervening century.

And that is it for another week. One of the secretaries bought in some Anise and Almond Cake to celebrate my 1,000 firing, so I'm going to go get a taste. And them I'm going to fire her, as she obviously has too much time on her hands.

No comments: