Tuesday, January 07, 2003

The Future Is Crap!

OK, so here we are in the future right--and what a rip off. No Lasers, no flying cars, no space ships. And then they mess up the things we do have.

Like Seven Up--this probably happened a while ago and I didn't notice but I noticed tonight. When I was growing up, Seven Up was the Un-Cola. "Crisp and Clean and no Caffeine." was their slogan. Well, look at the picture below.



You note the complete lack of a "Crisp" clear color. And although you can't see it, it says right over Seven Up--Caffeinated. So they are no longer Crisp, and they are no longer lacking caffeine. I haven't come up with a way to test if the soda is "Clean" as of yet, but until I do I'm not drinking it. After visiting the 7-up Website, all the bottles there look normal--so perhaps this is reverse Seven Up--you can see that the label is on upside down. Or perhaps I've entered Bizzarro world.

One thing hasn't changed--Dogs come running for the delicious taste of Seven Up. It helps that they are color blind.



For those concerned, he only got a sip.

No comments: