Thursday, April 05, 2007

Covering the Bases. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Greetings this is Irwin J. McIckleson, a fictional 1920s plutocrat. I'd like to remind you that just because I'm fictional it doesn't mean I don't have feelings. I run the whole gamut of emotions from vengeful rage at those who cross me to tender sentiments towards my sweetheart Mrs. Pinksington. Mostly I feel a lot of greed, but I have all the emotions a normal person in my position possesses.

Now on to the Blogs.

Musings Musings has the suggestion that the President might want to decrease his animosity towards Congress and accept the limitations they are asking him to labor under. Under normal circumstances I'd be opposed to this suggestion; being a plutocrat means accepting no limitations. But President Bush is clearly a dunderhead, so I think in this case he should follow Congress's lead.

Pen-Elayne on the Web has a very well written and affecting piece on a friend and the practice of forgetting one's past. I have tried to remember as much as possible, but a liftime of focusing on the bottom line has left me with precious little space for remembering old friends and or puppies.
I think I had a sled once.

Rook's Rant has commentary on the news that Iran and Great Britain have worked out a crisis in which British Navel men were held prisoner by Iran. The crisis was resolved peacefully which seems preferable to the alternative.

And that's it for today - have an enjoyable evening.

No comments: