Tuesday, October 31, 2006

John Kerry's Gaffe

Isn't much of a gaffe when you think about it. It's only a gaffe when you purposefully distort his words.

For those who don't know, he was making a speech and he said "You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." It is clear that, in context, the you in that last sentence refers to President Bush.

Out of context, it refers to the soldiers serving in Iraq - and you can guess which intrpetation is more popular with Republicans. Fortunately for us all, Senator Kerry isn't cowed by this assault.
Enough is enough. We're not going to stand for this. This policy is broken. And this president and his administration didn't do their homework. They didn't study what would happen in Iraq. They didn't study and listen to the people who were the experts and would have told them.

And they know that's what I was talking about yesterday. I'm not going to be lectured by a White House or by the likes of Rush Limbaugh who's taking a day off from mimicking and attacking Michael J. Fox, who's now going to try to attack me and lie about me and distort me.

No way. It disgusts me that a bunch of these Republican hacks who've never worn the uniform of our country are willing to lie about those who did.

It's over.
I don't think it is over - but I don't think it's going to be ended by taking such distortions. Rather I think Kerry is doing the right thing by fighting them. "To take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them."

No comments: