Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Limbaugh Challange

The Los Angeles Times, showing good sense, recently published an editorial by Andrew Klavan which insulted their readers.
If you are reading this newspaper, the likelihood is that you agree with the Obama administration's recent attacks on conservative radio talker Rush Limbaugh. That's the likelihood; here's the certainty: You've never listened to Rush Limbaugh.

Oh no, you haven't. Whenever I interrupt a liberal's anti-Limbaugh rant to point out that the ranter has never actually listened to the man, he always says the same thing: "I've heard him!"

On further questioning, it always turns out that by "heard him," he means he's heard the selected excerpts spoon-fed him by the distortion-mongers of the mainstream media. These excerpts are specifically designed to accomplish one thing: to make sure you never actually listen to Limbaugh's show, never actually give him a fair chance to speak his piece to you directly.
I'm going to pause here to note that I have actually listened to Rush Limbaugh. He's had plenty of opportunity to speak his piece to me; and I still regularly tune in. Let's skip down a bit in this well thought out editorial directed at those people who choose to read the Los Angeles Times.
You're a lowdown, yellow-bellied, lily-livered intellectual coward. You're terrified of finding out he makes more sense than you do.

I listen to Limbaugh every chance I get, and I have never heard the man utter a single racist, hateful or stupid word.
Never? I mean I'll be generous and give your racist. There are some well publicized contradictions to that point, but in honesty, he doesn't say as many racist things as he does stupid and hateful things.

I think it's gratifying in a way that we can drop the pretense that Rush Limbaugh is just an entertainer and isn't that important.

No comments: