Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bizarre

Mike S Adams writes regularly about how bad it is being a Conservative in an academic environment. His latest article is odd; basically he got and then forwarded an offensive e-mail which stated that Osama Bin Ladin had been found working at a convenience store. He, seemingly sincerely, recognizes that the e-mail was questionable at best. He ends his article by volunteering to leave his job if this e-mail creates further problems.
I fully expect that someone in our university community, whether of Middle Eastern descent or not, will soon file a charge of hostile environment racial harassment. If I am found guilty of such a charge I will immediately offer my resignation from the faculty of UNC-Wilmington.
Not sure what to make of this.

But his readers are taking it is clever satire. Basically Mike Adams passing on a racist e-mail is really nothing to be ashamed about. Arabs should just get used to the fact that we can't tell them apart and we think they are either convenience store clerks or terrorists. And develop a sense of humor.

I remember growing up a lot of bullies didn't think I had much of a sense of human.

No comments: