Thursday, October 07, 2010

Let's Do Some Journalism

James O'Keefe, who pretended to be a pimp and a journalist, has had his latest scheme fail pretty spectacularly. Actually apparently he only pretended to pretend to be a pimp. Anyway his latest scheme . . . well wasn't that well thought out.
According to MediaMatters.org, Fox News has scarcely mentioned how CNN's Boudreau, cautioned by an O'Keefe aide with a guilty conscience, frustrated his bizarre scheme to lure her aboard a boat tricked out like Hugh Hefner's boudoir for the purpose of sexual humiliation.

"For months," Boudreau explained in recent broadcast, "I had been working on a documentary about the young conservative movement. James had called me about concerns he had regarding an upcoming shoot. He asked me to meet him to talk about the shoot ... When I showed up, there was no office, as promised. Instead, he wanted to get me on a boat, which we later learned, was staged as a 'pleasure palace.' One of his colleagues ... told me he had 'strawberries and champagne' waiting for me on the boat, and that he planned to 'hit on me' the entire time. She said it would all be captured on hidden cameras that had been set up on the boat and in the back yard. She said the sole purpose of the 'punk' was to embarrass me, and to make CNN look bad."
Too bad such a brilliant piece of journalism didn't quite come off. Or, more accurately, this guy's star is falling like a meteor.

No comments: