Thursday, December 27, 2007

Friday Beats - LCD Soundsystem, "Sounds of Silver"

This is sort of my best of the year feature. Not top ten, because I doubt I'll get that far, but just a few albums I think were really good this year. Add to this list the Stars "In Our Bedroom After the War," which I covered earlier. Great album.

Anyway this was a kick ass dance record. LCD Soundsystem's first album was brilliant, but this is better - the songs are tighter and the flow is better. There's not a clunker among them and there are several high points - the Thrash of "North American Scum" and the flowing joy of "All My Friends." And it's an album; the parts are great and the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

And it has one of the bests lyrics of the year. "Sound of silver talk to me / makes you want to feel like a teenager / until you remember the feelings of / a real life emotion of teenager / then you think again" Yep.

Here's the video to All My Friends



Be back later - hopefully with more adjectives.

No comments: