Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blowing Up My Cranium

I can't be in too bad a mood because I'm listening to the Chemical Brother's new album. For those of you who don't know, The Chemical Brothers are awesome. For those of you who disagree with this assessment, well, you are wrong!

But even with the Chemical Brothers thumping through my skull stuff, Burt Prelutsky's latest article has me a little upset.
These days, those who seem to come equipped with Teflon are the world’s Islamics. What’s so mystifying about this is that they share none of Reagan’s finer qualities. Theirs is a religion which calls for the domination of all others, and yet the majority of Christians, Jews, atheists and agnostics, continue treating them with the utmost respect and sensitivity. Frankly, I don’t think it’s even appreciated. Instead, I believe it’s perceived as fear and cowardice.

. . . The fact remains that Muslims hate not only the West, but the five billion non-Muslims on the face of the earth. As for their liberal defenders in this country, the sad truth is that they aren’t really pro-Islam as much as they’re anti-America.
For those of you who don't know, Burt Prelutsky is a humorist. He's also, apparently, a bigot. It must be very hard to fit those two occupations into one lifestyle, but I've noticed he skimps on the humor pretty regularly.

No comments: