Monday, January 29, 2007

Why I hate Kevin McCullough

Kevin McCullough's latest article is entitled "Why Liberals Hate Christians." That's reason enough.

At first I thought I could see my way through his patent nonsense by pointing out that some Liberals are Christians (including, I hope, myself), but no such luck. His first sentence makes it clear that not all Christians are Christians, at least in this context.
Liberals in America despise Christians of true faith.
Presumably those liberals who dare to call themselves Christian are not Christians "of true faith."

The bulk of his article is about a movie on HBO that does not show Christians in that good a light. For one thing it implies that they want to do nasty things to homosexuals. Which is true. But Kevin McCullough pretends that liberals are opposed to any expression of faith when it comes to sexual matters. There may be some liberals who feel that way, but I don't know of any. Liberals do on the other hand oppose laws which discriminate on the basis of sexual preference. Those are two separate issues.

He then pulls out the old "look liberals are just jealous" routine.
And it is the reality in seeing the joy, peace, and contentment that we have and that they do not - that drives liberals to draw angry conclusions.

Conclusions that will send them to a Godless eternity...
To unpack that last line, McCullough is reminding his readers that us Liberals are going to hell.

I should think that God might have something to say to his children who consistently judge and discriminate, who fight to make life harder for societies underprivileged, who support a President who takes us into an unnecessary war.

But what do I know; I'm apparently not a Christian of true faith.

No comments: