Thursday, March 10, 2005

A tearful goodbye

Yes, my readers, I'm afraid that all good things must come to an end. I've really enjoyed running this website over the last two years, but recent events have forced me to reevaluate my commitment to this website.

The straw that broke the camels back is this article by Ann Coulter in which she lays out that we liberals are in full retreat.
So now, the entire country is ignoring liberals. I'm the canary in the coal mine. Twenty-six congressmen have signed a letter denouncing me for a column I wrote two weeks ago; for the past two weeks, I've been attacked on MSNBC and CNN, in the Detroit Free-Press and on every known liberal blog and radio show. (I especially want to thank Pacifica Radio in this regard.) I personally have shouted their complaints from the rooftops. Liberals had fallen into my trap!

But there was no point in responding because no one had heard about the liberal denunciations in the first place.
Of course Ann Coulter is referring to a racist slur against Helen Thomas she dropped into her column two weeks ago.

So I guess if nobody is paying attention to liberals, there's little purpose in me carrying on. So once again, I'd like to thank all of you who have stuck with this website through the hard times and through . . . Wait a moment, someone just handed me something.

According to this, Ann Coulter is full of crap! I guess I won't shut down this website after all. I guess I should have realized it, considering I've been mocking her for two and a half years now. But even failing that, her description of the Democratic Party as "the party that supports murder, adultery, lying about adultery, coveting other people's money, stealing other people's money, mass-producing human embryos for spare parts like an automotive chop shop and banning God." Yeah, describing the Democratic Party as supporting Murder might just barely be out of the realm of reasonable discourse.

So anyway I guess we won't be shutting down. At least not today.

No comments: