Friday, January 19, 2007

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Hello future people. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1920s Plutocrat. I regret my long absence but not that much. I am posting from Vienna where I am enjoying a delayed honeymoon.

Let's start with Bark Bark Woof Woof who has
the news that President Bush is not allowing comedians to make fun of him. This is a foolish move, but I suppose it points to the weakness of President Bush's character. If you are really strong you don't worry about how people see you, you worry about how you are. Letting people make fun of you lets them blow off steam and renders them less of a threat.

archy has
some thoughts on how the lessons of the Great War recently passed apply to the current attitudes in Washington. It's very depressing to consider how long the dunderheads will successfully get power.

THE FULCRUM has
some thoughts on President Bush's desire to continue following his failed policies; apparently he's raiding the treasury to fund them. This tells me he's not really a plutocrat - one of the key traits of a successful plutocrat is the ability to tell when something is not working and cut your losses. President Bush seems unwilling to do that. Perhaps he is not mentally competent.

Iddybud provides
further insights into President Bush's mental state - apparently he is not aware that he is operating within the American system of government - one in which the various branches have different powers and authorities.

Your future President may be an chowderhead, but Musing's musings
reveals that at least he's well rested. Being well rested often enables the brain to function better, but being too rested may cause it to not work properly.

Bloggg has
the news that child labor remains viable in your future world, which is, I have to say, a bit surprising. I phased out my child labor a few years ago, believing it would eventually become more trouble than it is work (I have taken to employing unmarried woman instead). Still I guess selling magazines is a bit less strenuous than sorting bolts.

Collective Sigh has
the news that you future people have developed a beer that increases a woman's bust size. Presumably something to do with the fermentation process continuing when the beer is absorbed in the flesh of the chest? I shall wire home and put some men on it.

Ms. Pinksington has explained to me that I will not be putting some men on it.

Apparently this line of research is not fitting. Oh well, I recently entered an agreement with a brewery in Plovdiv, I'll forward the idea along to them.

The Countess
has news that in the east they use flesh eating fish to clean the feet. I have developed a better opinion of the east since I discovered pan-Asian cuisine, but this has to go in the negative camp. Miss Pinksington says, however, that she would like to try it.

Echidne of the Snakes has
some thoughts about how you future people communicate your sexual desires, and how such desires are sometimes expressed inconclusively. Directness is a virtue, I've found, but people tend to be timid when it comes to this subject.

Finally Pen-Elayne on the Web has a
very touching tribute to a friend of hers, Sondra Leah Fogelson Adezio, who passed away recently. It's well worth reading and very moving.

And that is it for another week. I am journeying next week, but I will attempt to post if I am able.

No comments: