Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Happy Thanksgiving! This is Irwin J. McIckleson, a fictional 1910's plutocrat, and for those wondering, I do not enjoy saying my name over and over again. I do it because you never know who might be looking at this blog for the first time.

Each year on Thanksgiving I give my employees an extra hour for their lunch, and provide them with a feast to enjoy. This year I am providing them pan fried Turkey cooked in special pan Asian spices. I hope they enjoy it.

Now let's turn to the business at hand.

Musing's Musings has
some thoughts on a proposal by a Negro Congressman reinstating a draft army. I must say I find this to be a bad proposal, as a draft goes against liberty, and it requires extra effort for me to keep my employees from being drafted. I don't want them to go to foreign shores and perish, when I could have them perish right here in my factory.

On the other hand, it is certainly nice to see that you elect Negro Congressmen in the future. Genius touches all races. I'm even willing to give the chinaman the benefit of the doubt now that I've tried his cuisine.

Liberty Street has some
further thoughts on Mr. Rangels bill, considering the political implications of it.

Rook's Rant presents a
different opinion on this proposal, a strong and passionate opposition to it.

rubber hose
notes that the Iraqi people wish that the United States Troops would leave Iraq. Perhaps you future Americans should listen to them.

LEFT is RIGHT has some
thanksgiving thoughts about the troops fighting overseas and how new medical technology might be utilized on them. I suppose in war you use whatever is at hand, tested or not.

Pen-Elayne on the Web
has pictures of fall foliage in her neighborhood and it looks quite attractive. I don't know what I think about the leaves changing colors in the fall. Part of me thinks that leaves should be the same color all the time - if God wanted red trees he should just have made a bunch of red trees. On the other hand variety is the spice of life.

A Blog Around the Clock
has thoughts on the teaching of evolution in Serbia (the country that gave us all such trouble recently). It is interesting how far things have changed on this front in the future.

Steve Bates, the Yellow Doggerel Democrat, has some
disquieting news about the recent election and the possibility that there was some electoral hanky panky.

Scrutiny Hooligans has
a touching tribute to a filmogrovist who won't be borne for another 5 years or so, named Robert Altman, who, from your perspective, has recently died. I should go visit his birth if I am still around.

Sooner Thought has
the news that a flight attendant (a sort of ariel waiter) has been disciplined for criticizing a woman for breastfeeding. From this I can deduce that future generations of air travel are smoother than current versions. I am afraid if you took a child up in the air right now his brains might well turn to mush.

Speedkill has
thoughts on the Thanksgiving Holiday. Apparently there are very few movies made about thanksgiving. It might not be a very good subject for film. I saw man carving turkey down at the Odium and it was very dull.

THE NEWS BLOG
has thoughts on preparing the traditional Thanksgiving Meal. Which I suppose I am not doing, personally, but maybe I'll start a new tradition.

And that's it for this weeks edition. Have a nice thanksgiving all, and don't spare the ginsing

No comments: