Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Greetings all. I have returned to do a round the horn feature on a Wednesday. For those of you who don't know, I am Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat. I am here to provide links to posts you might find interesting.

Natalie Davis' All Facts and Opinion has
a piece on the recent electoral victories by Democrats in the Congress; she seems very pleased about it.

archy also seems happy at this victory, in
this post, and comments on what's next for Democrats.

The Countess is also
very happy about the electoral results, particularly since her home state now has a Democratic Governor.

Blogg has
information on the current head of the Democratic Party. Apparently he has made some quite sharp moves when it comes to this recent electoral season.

ECHIDNE OF THE SNAKES has
a piece on how many of the new members of Congress are woman. Good. Woman tend to be more practical and measured than men, I've found. I wish I could have women managers in my factories, but of course the men would never stand for it.

Men are, on the whole, dunderheads.

Apparently President Bush has fired his Secretary of Defense. Collective Sigh
comments that doing it after the election has greatly upset his base. It does seem like a dunderheaded move.

Speaking of dunderheaded moves, First Draft
has revealed that new memos have surfaced linking President Bush and his administration to the torture of prisoners of war. Something which is presumed to be beneath civilized peoples.

President Bush is, however, changing his tune on how we handle Iraq. Happy Furry Puppy Story Time
wonders how his followers will find this change in direction.

Bark Bark Woof Woof has
the story that the Marines (an infantry division of the Navy, apparently) are turning away Battery Powered Jesus's in a charity operation centered around Christmas.

Every time I think I have you future people figured out I read something like "Battery Powered Jesus" and I'm lost once more.

Dohiyi Mir has
several photographs of cats. Cats are very attractive. I think if I could not be a plutocrat, being a cat would be a fine life.

Iddybud has a new website which looks very nice, and also has
some thoughts on Armistice day, which I am proud that you future people still celebrate.

The Fulcrum has some thoughts on Armistice day as well, and about the sacrifices our soldiers have made. The post also notes that since this election, Our troops might see some relief.

And that's it for another week. I am going to be doing it on Wednesday for a week or so, to accommodate the holidays.

No comments: