Friday, October 06, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Hello all. I apologize for not being here last week. I was travelling. I am back today. For those of you who have not encountered me in the past, my name is Irwin J. McIckleson and I am a 1910's plutocrat.

Natalie Davis's All Facts and Opinion has
a piece on an Indian politician and pacifist named Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. I am in favor of pacifism as a means of social change - because even if I end up losing money in the end, at least there's no property damage.

Of course most people don't have patience for this method.

Bark Bark Woof Woof has
a piece on how a recent scandal involving Congressional Pages might affect the party in powers chances in the upcoming election, and how lecturing Americans on morality might backfire of you fail to live up to those moral standards.

Never lecture on moral standards. It is a waste of time. Most people are going to do whatever they want anyway. Lecture them on the importance of working hard and providing you with profit.

lambert at CorrenteWire
examines some of the legal pitfalls in the Foley Case, specifically those involving breaking laws you yourself wrote.

archy
notes that Sabertooth Tigers are apparerntly predators, and would prey on pages given a chance. I assume that is why our cave man ancestors hunted them to extinction, although I also believe that powdered sabertooth tooth might be a powerful aphrodesiac.

blogAmy has a
nice picture of a fish. That fish looks nice but I'll bet it's not very tasty.

. . . You are a Tree
has turned 44. I believe this is the person who runs . . . You are a Tree and not the website itself. Many happy returns.

Bloggg has
an extended post on a recent tragedy in the Amish community - I'm surprised there still as an Amish Community. I mean even in my day the superiority of technological progress to ludditism is pretty clear; I obviously know that your future machines are even better. How do the Amish survive? Well Bloggg has some good info on the Amish at any rate.

Collective Sigh
suggests that if waterboarding (appaerntly a way to torture someone into giving information except you future people are pretending it's not torture) is not torture, they give a demonstration of how mild it is using some of President Bush's advisors.

The Countess has
information on a ring that apparently heats up to remind you of your wedding anniversary. Do you future people still have calendars?

Anyway that's it - I am going out to St. James with Miss. Pinksington and I wish you all pleasent weekends.

No comments: