Friday, August 25, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Hello all. This is Irwin J. McIckleson and I am fascinated by something called Pan Asian Cuisine you future people seem to have invented. I, as you know, do not think much of the Chinaman but I must admit some of his culinary techniques produce quite acceptable results. Through a little extracurricular exploring while I am creating this list of links I have acquired several recipes and given them to my chef with ordered that he is to serve them to me and Miss Pinksington at his earliest convenience. I am particularly looking forward to grilled Asian corn.

Bryant is concerned that my introduction of this culinary style might disrupt the space time continuum. I patiently explained that as a fictional plutocrat from the 1910s that's more his problem than mine. After all when I introduced the phrase "Fo' Shizzle" here in the 1910s it had no effect.

It did not produce the desired effect however, so I have quietly excised it from my vocabulary.

So let's get to work.

Pen-Elayne on the Web
reveals that she is not a good source of information on explosives. I know very little about the myself. I did own a mine for a while, and had to use explosives in that operation, or rather my foreman did. But I found owning a mind depressing, and after Monongah I didn't want to be associated with it anymore.

Rook's Rant has
a piece on the 1884 election and how it was not fought on the most societally uplifting terrain. I think that was one of the years I voted for myself on a write in ballot.

rubber hose has
some thoughts on the wisdom of President Bush giving Secretary of War Donald Rumsfeld his walking papers. I agree that doing this might not have the best effect for the Republicans right now.

Scrutiny Hooligans has
a piece on a teacher being fired because he had the flags of the United Nations, China and Mexico displayed.

Note to future generations; flags are not dangerous. Write that down.

This kind of foolishness is going to cripple our nation. For example knowing how to recognize the Chinese flag might lead a student to some tasty pan-Asian cuisine. Or it might signal him that the troops marching down main street are not friendly.

Sooner Thought has
the news that Conservative pundits have apparently turned on President Bush. They stood by him while he invaded countries willy-nilly, so take that for what it's worth.

A Blog Around the Clock has
a post on children's literature and ant lions. Ant Lions are scary to ants, but I can crush them if I choose to. Just like my workers.

Speedkill has
some thoughts about Red Letter Christians - which I gather is in reference to the occasional Bible one sees with the words of Christ in Red Letters.

THE NEWS BLOG has
some thoughts on American Cuisine - which I always found a bit of a misnomer. But perhaps in ninety years, less so. I do agree however that fresh ingredients make for the best food.

T. Rex's Guide to Life
relates an argument he has engaged in with a conservative over the ability to listen on phones to terrorists. He makes several interesting points, but it seems like the conservative is not really speaking or understanding the same language.

And that is it - I hear the Chef ringing the lunch bell, so I am off for some delicious Asian grilled corn fritters (I hope).

No comments: