Friday, August 04, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Good morning all. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat and I am in a foul mood. Last week one of my factories caught fire, shutting production down for three days. Then I thought of something funny to say to Miss Pinksington but she didn't find it funny at all, but rather horrifying. And this morning my eggs benedict had a little bit too much arnold in them.

So maybe doing this will take my mind off of my troubles.

Natalie Davis at All Facts and Opinions
suggests that both Hezbollah and Israel stop killing children. She's right. The Children of today are the Oppressed masses of tomorrow - who are Israels and Lebanon's plutocrats going to exploit down the road?

Bark Bark Woof Woof has some
sound thoughts on whether or not the disasters of September 11 were staged. He believes they were not. I have to agree with his reasoning; it's hard enough planning a secret tackover of Aglamated Stapler, let alone something this massive.

blogAmy
has news of a new atrocity committed by the Chinaman, specifically the massacre of a large number of dogs. I have made my feelings on the Chinaman clear in previous posts, so let me just say this fails to surprise me.

Bloggg has
a story on the possible demise of a fictional character named Harry Potter. As a fictional person myself, I have strong feelings about the death of this character - no fictional character should ever be killed, unless they are villians or annoying.

I should never be eliminated, just so we are clear.

On a similar note, Archy
has thoughts about two gentlement (Geroldo Rivera and Bill O'Rielly) who are concerned about the tormenting of celebrities. And rightly so. Actors are very similar to fictional people in a lot of ways, and in my opinion they should be left alone.

Collective Sigh has
a picture of a cat lamp. It appears to be a rather normal (if grumpy) looking cat, with a lamp attachment. Very useful.

CorrenteWire has
a story that the current Senate Majority Leader is offering Senator Hillary Clinton his position if she will not run for President in 2008. That's interesting that such a deal would come out publically - in my day such deals would be kept very quiet.

The Countess
has news that one of the father's rights activists, who seem like a pack of nasty chowderheads, has gotten in trouble for hitting his own father. That seems like an odd thing to do if you are in favor of protecting fathers.

And that is my contribution this week. Hopefully next week will be smoother. I wish you all pleasent and productive weekends.

No comments: