Friday, July 07, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Good morning all. I have been travelling and have not been able perform my normal duties here as I would like. But I am back now.

. . You Are A Tree has
a story on how the people regulating the internet may not have a complete understanding of it.

archy also
notes this story but concludes that this particular legislator is not the most foolish of the bunch. He gives his opinion as to who is.

Bark Bark Woof Woof has
the news that the FBI's computers are not completely secure. These computers you future people have seem to cause a lot of problems. I'm glad we have secretaries in my time.

Natalie Davis' All Facts and Opinion has
a piece on Ken Lay who was a failed plutocrat and who recently passed, which should put an end to his legal troubles. That said I've had plenty of preachers suggest that I might face some punishment after I die for what I do to my workers - so maybe he'll still have troubles.

Bloggg
reviews some of the theories surrounding Ken Lays death but notes that most Liberals are giving the people involved the benefit of the doubt. I guess I can tell you future people that I am prepared to fake my own death at a moments notice.

Collective Sigh has
a comparison of how the disasters of Hurricane Katrina and a nuclear meltdown in Russia were handled. A nuclear meltdown sounds very very bad.

But that is what communism leads to I suppose. You see a Plutocrat, of necessity, values humans. They are our workers and our consumers. But once you eliminate the plutocrats, humans have much less value.

Correntewire has
the news that President Bush, in a backwords sort of way, has endorsed Sen. Lieberman. This President does tend to do things backwords doesn't he?

Firedoglake
has thoughts on the recent debate between Lieberman and his rival Ned Lamont. Apparently it was a good night for Lamont.

The Countess, who seems to be doing better financially, has
a letter about a man who killed his wife and then shot a judge. The letter notes that such a person probably doesn't deserve a lot of consideration for his rights. I'd have to agree with that.

Dohiyi Mir has some very
interesting information on how the brain processes moving objects; apparently brightly colored objects are easier to follow. I am going to have to rethink my position of having greyish brown colored workers in a greyish brown colored factory.

Echidne of the Snakes has
some thoughts on the Birthday of President Bush and of a forthcoming movie entitled Snakes on a Plane. I wouldn't think Snakes would do very well on an airplane.

Apparently to celebrate his birthday, President Bush appeared on a televisio show with an interviewer who asked very easy questions, according to
an article at First Draft. I guess that's one way to relax.

Happy Furry Puppy Story Time has
an update on how things are going in Iraq where there is apparently very little time to relax.

Iddybud has
a somewhat cynical look at how the American people are willing to put up with high gas pricess.

And that is it for another week. Have an enjoyable weekend.

No comments: