Friday, June 09, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat, and I am in a foul mood.

Let's get right to the links.

Our first is from Natalie Davis' All Facts and Opinions and
it covers what a paltry victory the GLBT movement is celebrating. I do not know what GLBT stands for, but I do appreciate her passion in fighting for it.

Collective Sigh seems to
be responding to the same story, and comes up with several additional measures Congress can do to protect marriages. Personally I believe they should abandon the concept of marriage all together. It just drains the will and makes one unable to truly concentrate on business.

Bloggg has seen a
new presentation by former presidential candidate Al Gore, and finds it quite good. She would also like to see him run for President again someday.

blogAmy has
the story of a man who took a lion, believing that God would protect him. There is a historical precedent for that, but so far the score is Lions 2,343 Christians 1, assuming we decide that Daniel was a sort of proto Christian.

Dohiyi Mir has a picture of
a turtle, the most noble of animals in my opinion. Turtles are good companions because they require very little. Some melon rind on occasion and lettuce.

Dodecahedron has
information on a program the Army is undertaking to get their planes to run on something besides jet fuel. He seems somewhat enthusiastic about the idea.

First Draft has
some thoughts on the Dunderhead of War Rumsfeld and how he has performed less than admirably. In all fairness, however, he is a Dunderhead.

farm runoff has
apparently given up blogging and has a picture of a pig in some sort of portable mudhole.

Firedoglake has
a story of Ann Coulter who apparently delights in attacking widows and orphans and is a symbol of conservatism. You future people are a lot harsher than people in my day. I mean it bugs me to have to send around a ham and a small bit of money every time one of my factories kills one of my employees, but I don't think I could get away with making fun of their survivors. That's kind of monstrous when you think about it.

The Countess appears to be going through some financial trouble which is a shame. Some of those titles are more money losers than money winners these days. But she has
provided a recipe for Short Bread that looks quite sound.

Words on a page has
returned to operation, so that is good to know. Blogging can be quite draining I gather. I find it rejuvenating myself, but I only have to do it once a week. Also I'm fictional.

And that is it for another week. Remember, love is a trap! Avoid it as you would a . . . trap!

No comments: