Friday, May 26, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's Plutocrat, and I have a headache today.

I confronted the object of my affection today and I suppose I should tell it is Helen Pinksington, my chauffeur. I do not know how I have come to be enamored of her, but I suspect it is due to the chemical tampering on the part of my business rivals. At any rate, I confessed my affliction to Miss Pinksington who admitted to a similar affection, although perhaps a bit more platonic. She said that she would need to go to relatives for a time to consider her move. I applauded this idea, as perhaps whatever spell we are under will wear off if we are not around each other.

So far, however, it seems even worse, as I think of her much of the time, even at times when I am supposed to be concentrating on business. I spilled a bottle of ink, for example. Very embarrassing.

At any rate, you are not here to hear about my afflictions, but to visit the various internet websites I will point you to. So let's go.

Bark Bark Woof Woof has
a story on how President Bush has finally admitted a mistake. He seems to feel this is progress; I am less sure myself. For one thing it's bad form for a leader to admit a mistake publicly. A plutocrat or president should always be certain. Secondly, this President seems like such a chowderhead, I doubt if he really comprehends his errors. Rather I suspect he is simply saying what people want to hear.

LEFT is RIGHT has further thoughts about the President's speaking habits; specifically how he emphasizes the hard work he is doing. I personally don't do a lick of work myself. I make other people work for me. That's what being a plutocrat is all about. This is yet more evidence that if President Bush is a plutocrat, he's clearly an inferior one.

Iddybud
suggests that her readers take time to sign a pledge, pledging not to vote for any Democrat who is not going to uphold their values. Specifically all Democrats should make withdrawal from Iraq a part of their campaign.

Perhaps they should take a page from the West Point Graduates against the War, who are the subject of
an article by THE FULCRUM. They seem like upstanding young men, so naturally the Bush Administration desires to crush them.

rubber hose has
some thoughts on Congress being upset that the FBI may be monitoring them.

Speedkill has
some thoughts on how Saudi Arabia educates it's children; apparently they could do a better job.

MercuryX23's Fantaboulous Blog shares
some thoughts on his voting district, which seems to have been crafted with an eye towards replicating something you might see under a microscope.

T. Rex's Guide to Life
has thoughts on the concept of Majority Rule; and how it does not necessarily apply in America.

Pen-Elayne on the Web
has pictures of English Cats and also apparently a rabbit. I gather she has just returned from England, and seems to have a lot of pictures and discussion. I've always enjoyed England, so I'm a bit disturbed to hear that there are apparently Bat Boys there now.

Happy Furry Puppy Story Time is
apparently three years old. The website not the writer. So congratulations to them on their anniversary.

And that is it for another week. Once again this simple task has taken my mind off of my heart for a little bit, so thank you.

No comments: