Friday, May 19, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Good morning future people. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat, and I am still suffering from an outbreak of affection. My efforts to find out who has inflicted this fate on me have proven futile thus far, but I am sure that at some point I will figure it out, and when I do, let the heavens tremble!!!

Anyway onto this weeks round the horn.

Liberty Street has the
rather shocking news that those in charge of listening in on phone companies rejected a system that would have protected privacy and been more effective. It is hard to imagine why this program was rejected.

Rick's Cafe Americaine has
some thoughts on a judge who recently retired to become more wealthy in the private sector. It's kind of sad; the plutocrats in this judges region have clearly missed the boat by failing to purchase this judges loyalty. Speaking from experience, it is more than a convenience to have a friendly bench when you are a plutocrat. It's a necessity.

Scrutiny Hooligans has
a story on a sharper Plutocrat. Apparently this gentleman who serves in the House of Representatives is voting against a Democratic Russia because this would offend his business partners in Russia. Good for him. It shows he knows how to effective manage his Public Service so as to profit himself and his allies.

Sooner Thought has
some thoughts on how Democrats might win Republicans over to their side.

Steve Bates, The Yellow Doggeral Democrat, has
thoughts on making English the national language and on what such laws might mean. You future people suffer from a bit of insecurity, don't you?

Steve Gilliard's News Blog has
a story about Ham that warms the cockles of my heart. After Sinclairs detestable book, "The Jungle," I feared that America might turn away from producing meats in time tested delicious methods. Thank goodness you haven't.

And that's it for another week. I need to get down to the florists to acquire . . . I mean I need to go to my factory and fire a few of my employees!

No comments: