Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mail Bag and Komments Korner



One of the things I fail to completely understand is why in the human language words with Ks in them are funny (with the possible exception of Kaiser).

Anyway I'm in the office again and I'm flying clean and sob . . . well clean anyway.

Well I'm here anyway.

Sort of.

Anyway let's get right to it, with the comments of Justin, referring to
an article on Media Bias.
Well, here is the crux of it: Ignorant, shallow people listen for what they want to hear and nothing else, and don't really care if it is supported by any actual evidence, while responsible individuals actually attempt to filter any media offering by asking pesky questions like "who is saying this", "does this person have an agenda", and "should I actually follow up on this to see if I'm being fed a load of..." , well you get the idea. From what I've seen, there are many on both sides of the political fence who are more than willing to listen blindly to what their side has to say. Most of the Democrats I know, however, seem to be far more open to rational conversation.
I didn't hear what I wanted to hear in that post so I'm editing it in my memory. As I recall, Justin said something about how great Lobsters are. And he makes a good point. Lobsters really are great.

You see what foolish humans do naturally, I have learned to do through sheer force of will.

Karen also thinks lobsters are keen in this response to
a post on Senator Kerry running for President in 2008.
Here's the letter I sent to the BG (which I doubt they'll print)

In the week of a landmark speech, rather than complimenting her Senator for saying what needs to be said on both dissent and Iraq, Ellen Goodman begs him not to run. Senator Kerry has said he will make up his mind later this year. Why not comment on the speech - and realize that Kerry is leading on Iraq and the repression of dissent, serious important issues NOW, not in 2008? Why not comment on the climate that has made dissent hard - that she as a journalist can impact?
There's more to her response and it's a well reasoned and well thought out letter. About how keen . . . lobsters . . . oh no! I used my memory editing meditation before reading the Komment. Must sort out mixture of memories. . . .

There I think I got it. Anyway go read the rest of the article. You'll love it, or my name isn't John Kerry.

Our final comments are from Sarah and why should i tell respectively, in response to a couple of
Panels from Simpsons Comics. I should note there are several other responses involving Sarah and her brother, if these pique your interest.
thanks for doing what i asked for i no what means i just want to know if this is on a site i will tell my friend holly adcock about this its really cool my 4 kittens
sarah 04.24.06 - 5:23 pm #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dont leav a coment this suks
why shoul i tell 05.01.06 - 3:27 am #
Its really cool my 4 kittens. I never thought I would hear those words again.

It was 1969. London. Miles Davis's 'Round Midnight was on the turntable. Some dead animal's fur was on the floor. I had a Martini in one claw and a Lugar in the other. I wasn't pointing it anybody (my claws make operating a firearm pretty much impossible), just holding it. Suddenly my claw snapped the martini glass, spraying the room with gin and little shards of glass. Reaching with my other claw, the lugar went off, hitting the turntable and ending the music. I turned around, sheepishly, and said "It's really cool my 4 kittens," and stumbled out into the night. The last time I saw them (assuming I saw them at all).

Turning to the mail bag, we recieved a letter from empiresfall.
Subject: Re: New Kid on the Blog

Hi there,

I'm a reader. I've recently started a blog of my own, at
empiresfall.blogspot.com, and I wonder if you'd consider adding a link to me. I'll put up a reciprocal link.

You're doing a great job, by the way. Keep up the good work.

-Steve Barnes
I've talked with Cheery (who is in charge of such stuff) and she says we will link to you. She also assured me that I am not in fact John Kerry, which kind of hurt my feelings. I could be John Kerry. We both enjoy shellfish, I am given to understand.

Anyway our final letter comes from Wang Qin, and as it is quite long, I am going to link to a
text file of the letter so you can enjoy it in it's entirety. Note to Mr. Qin: your boring. Even to me, John Kerry, a lobster known for his compassion and passion for minutae. Anyway here's a bit of the letter that I particularly enjoyed.
Thank you for giving me your time, it is of great importance for you to take care and understand every word which I have written down below; please be patient and read the explanation in my email.

. . . What I wish to relate to you might be a smack of unethical practice but I want you to understand something; it is only an outsider to the banking world who finds the internal politics of the banking world aberrational. The world of private banking especially is fraught with huge rewards for those who occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolios; you should have begun by now to put together the general direction of what I propose. There is USD $15,991,674(Thirteen million, nine hundred and ninety one thousand, six hundred and seventy four united states dollars) deposited, I alone have the deposit details and they will release the deposit to no one unless I instruct them to do so.
Apparently when you are an international banker you are quite used to embezzlement. You also know that the number 15 is actually the number Thirteen. You can see how complicated it is to be an international banker.

Anyway that's it for another week. I do hope you will all consider voting for me when I run for President later on this year. Remember Lobstocracy - it's not just smart - it's the right thing to do!

No comments: