Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday Mailbag



Yeah I haven't been around for a while. I got a job shelling oysters down paradise way. Everybody goes where they go.

Anyway let's pop open the comments corner. Our first series of comments comes in response to a post on Social Republicans being upset at Congressional Republicans. I myself am a Social Drinker, and I'm very sociable. Anyway the content of these comments has little enough to do with the post subject.
Hi ich bin Chriswab aus Bottrop !! Viele Grüsse !!!!!
Chris 04.03.06 - 11:37 am #

------------------------------------

I wouldn't click on that link, but if someone like Random Goblin Speaks German they might translate for us.
Bryant 04.03.06 - 4:52 pm #

------------------------------------

"Hi, I am Chriswab from Bottrop! Greetings!"

I was in Bottrop for four months on my mission. I know it well. It's the site of the world Unicycle federation. One time, I was picking up trash in the city woods as a service project, and I heard a strange sound, and I looked up and saw something like fifty unicyclists pedaling up the pathway toward me. It was a little bit surreal.
Random Goblin 04.03.06 - 8:07 pm #

------------------------------------

Also, I did click on the link, and it crashed my internet explorer window. I hope I didn't get a gross Bottrop virus.

Also, you pronounce Bottrop like "Boat-rope."
Random Goblin 04.03.06 - 8:08 pm #

------------------------------------

Or actually closer to "Boat-trope."
Random Goblin 04.03.06 - 8:09 pm #

------------------------------------

Yeah it acted funky for me too.

And I think it's pronounced boat-tripe
Bryant 04.03.06 - 9:01 pm #

------------------------------------

Well, you're wrong. Even if that would be funny.

I know, because I used to live there.
Random Goblin 04.05.06 - 11:23 am
Beware the Unicyclers, for they are the single-wheeled harbringer of their deadly masters. In the path that they cut comes, clip-clop, their diabolical masters, the Unicorns, with a horn soaked in the blood of innocents and hooves stained with brimstone and astroturf.

Sorry - just lost my train of thought. And in the future it's pronounced Bo-a-tro-pee-a.

Anyway I wrote more but Blogger deleted it, and I'm not in a condition to retrieve it. I'll try again sometime soon.

No comments: