Friday, April 14, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Good morning all. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat. I apologize for my absence from this publication for some time, but I became ill with the fever. For a while it looked like I might pass into the choir celestial, but thanks to the ministrations of a local physician, I am feeling much better.

Let us begin our tour through the world of the Liberal Coalition.

Sooner Thought has
the news that another General has become angry with President Bush and is speaking out against him. President Bush must be an even bigger dunderhead than I gave him credit for if he can lead his military commanders to criticize him so regularly.

scout prime at First Draft has
a story on President Bush's plan to deal with Iran and how contemplating it lead him to want to go ride his bicycle. I can understand that; sometimes you need to step back for a bit.

Steve Bates, the Yellow Doggeral Democrat,
has thoughts on the use of nuclear weaponry on Iran; he feels it would be a very bad thing. I think he is right on the mentality of President Bush, however. Once you settle for seeing what you want to see instead of what's really there, well, you are on a bad road.

Steve Gilliard's News Blog
has news on Omaha splitting their school district into a black area, an Hispanic area, and a white area. So back to the way it was previously, I gather? I will say my current experience is that this sort of plan is intended to keep non-whites from succeeding at the same level as whites.

Rick's Cafe Americaine has
the story of his encounter with an unusually honest huckster.

T. Rex's Guide to Life has
information on a drug rehabilitation program that is more cost effective than locking them up.

And that is all for this week. I will be back next week with more stuff.

No comments: