Friday, March 03, 2006



Good morning. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat. This has been a very odd morning. I fear that my involvement in this blog may be rending the very fabric of time and space. This morning a young negro came to my door and asked if I liked "Hip Hop." I had to explain that I had a hip, but because of it's weakness I rarely had occasion to hop. That seemed to satisfy him.

Very strange experience.

Anyway on to our review.

First out of the gate is Bark Bark Woof Woof who has
won an award for his serialized story. Congratulations.

Happy Furry Puppy Story Time has
the news that President Bush's mistakes may have a negative effect on his popularity among the American people. That stands to reason. He provides many links to stories along these lines.

Iddybud has
a piece on the incurious nature of President Bush. Apparently he is just not that interested in the world around him, which is kind of a shame when you think of it.

rubber hose has
further comments along these lines. President Bush's approach to the Hurricane Katrina of last year does not show a man engaged in the problem. I know that when my corporations have faced challenges the most demanding and most knowledge seeking person in the room had better be me. Anything less and my men lose heart. And here we have a president sitting there blankly, asking no questions? President Bush must be a very weak man.

LEFT is RIGHT has a
rather shocking admission by a Republican representative on their review of the recent ports deal.

Along the same lines, Speedkill has
an interesting defense against charges of accepting bribes. Let me just say that anybody who thinks "It's only Money" clearly isn't going to be a plutocrat anytime soon.

Pen-Elayne on the Web has
a story of having to put up with a chain letter. I guess in the future you have developed ways to make the chain letter even more annoying and invasive. Progress marches on, but not always in the right direction.

I will say that whenever I receive a chain letter - I carefully cut the letter into six equally sized pieces, and return it to it's envelope. I then place oregano, thyme, and ginger within the envelope and dip it in Balsamic vinegar. Finally I burn it. In that way the curse of the chain letter is confused and I am not troubled by it.

I'm not sure how that would work with an electronic letter.

The Countess has
a discussion of the abortion of Female Babies in India, where women are apparently less valued. I find that very disturbing. Woman are just as exploitable as men and in some ways more so.

THE FULCRUM has
some thoughts on a recent Congressional Capitulation to President Bush. It strikes me as odd timing - President Bush is weak right now.

Words on a Page has
a discussion of the necessity of oil to modern society. Apparently the invasion of Iraq was in order to secure possession of this material so as to preserve society. While I approve of the acquisition of more natural resources, perhaps you future people should consider developing ways of dealing with a lack of oil.

And that is it for another week. I suggest that you have enjoyable and productive weekends.

No comments: