Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Monday Mail Bag (On Tuesday)



Hi Everybody. I'm not Dead as it turns out. No I was just on the road the last couple of weeks visiting relatives in the keys. I'm back now.

So let's get right to it.

Our first comment is from Random Goblin who commented on
a post of Bryants about Dennis Prager and the need to understand those we fight. Incidentally, I think Random Goblin is a very fine fellow and he should post on his blog a lot more often. Lets see what Mr. Goblin has to say.
You're right.
Thank you for that Mr. Goblin, or can I call you Random?

Bryant has done a series of posts on Conservative commentary on the Ports deal, and Van, who runs
Gulf Coast Progressive, commented on the first of these.
Nice to see some desent from the conservative loyalists.
Incidentally I think you should consider Lobster run ports. I realize I'm not the ideal spokesman for my people (being a attempted-world conqueror), but really I think we could do a great job. We swim under water without gear, and can crush terrorists with our mighty pincers.

Turning to the mail bag, I see one with a very intriguing subject from a Chang Tao Chung.
ACT AS OUR COMPANY PAYMENT REPRESENTATIVE
That name doesn't strike me as very believable. Nevertheless, I believe I would be perfect for the role of the Company Payment Representative. I would probably play him in a bit of a Cleese-ian style, as a stuck up self-important lobster, who's not as bright as he thinks he is.

Alternatively I could play him as a sort of wounded and scared whistleblower, trying to keep up appearances while inside worrying if anyone will find his embezzlement.

Or maybe as a handsome smooth Company Payment Representative, jetting off to exotic locals like, well, London maybe, to complete some big deal.

Whatever you prefer, I can do!

Except, of course, I can't represent you to your customers by taking their checks and wiring you the money afterwards. That seems more like work than acting. And I never work!

But of course my fellow Lobsters would work - it's just me who has the bad attitude. Turning all your dock operations to my Lobster Brethren would work out great. I guarantee it!

Let's look at one more letter. This one is from George Petterson, and it opens this way.
As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because I
believe everyone will die someday.
Way to bring me right down, Mr. Petterson. Just for that, I'm not going to give you my bank account number!

Anyway, that's it for another week. Keep on trucking, y'all!

No comments: