Friday, January 06, 2006

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Hello all. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's Plutocrat. I have returned from the holiday season rejuvenated and ready to take on the world. I fired fifteen people yesterday, and many of them weren't even my employees. It is amazing what you can do when you look like a plutocrat and speak in an authoritative voice. And now I'm ready to take on another trip around the Liberal Coalition.

First of all we have Left is Right with
the story that President Bush's Iraq Adventure may end up costing even more than was originally intended. I guess that shouldn't be too surprising; although being off by a factor of a hundred isn't something I would be too understanding about.

Happy Furry Puppy Story Time has
a piece on a number of aspects in the current conflict and the current president. Apparently the author believes the Bush Administration is Pound Foolish, Penny Foolish.

Collective Sigh has
information that President Bush apparently believes himself above the law or at least excluded from it.

The Fulcrum has
information on President Bush's plan to spy on his fellow citizens. Apparently it is not exactly in keeping with the spirit of the Constitution. Personally I believe that spying on your fellow citizens is an activity best left to the private sector.

Ricks Cafe Americaine has
commentary on the resolution of a recent transit strike in New York City.

Natalie Davis' All Facts and Opinion has
commentary on some Mind-Boggling comments from a reverend on the recent illness of Ariel Sharon (Prime Minister of Israel, apparently). Mr. Robertson (the aforementioned Reverend) believes that Sharon's illness stems from him trying to give some land to the Palestinians (dividing God's land). Apparently in Mr. Robertson's mind, if Mr. Sharon had fought to preserve Israel's territorial totality, he would have been just fine. That doesn't strike me as logical in the least; Mr. Sharon is an old man. You have to expect troubles sooner or later.

And, of course, one need hardly point out that there are millions who break God's suggestions and suffer no ill effects. Why would God get all worked up this time and not the other times? I myself regularly cheat and flog my employees, and yet I have a palatal mansion, a nice conveyance, and a pack of hunting dogs.

blogAmy has
some thoughts on woman's sizes; apparently wearing a size 10 makes one a "plus-size" model. When I was a boy I lived in a small town in Pennsylvania. There were a few woman in town who were great beauties; all the men admired. Good full-figured solid women, with beautiful smiles. As I grew older I began visiting the other villages. One about 15 miles to the south had their own beauties; or ladies that town had decided were beauties. To me they looked excessively think, even malnourished. At that point I learned that each person has the own ideas about what beauty is, and that most people will develop their ideas about beauty based on what they are told by their contemporaries. You future people with your TV's and what not have, perhaps, too much consensus on what beauty is.

And that is it for another week. Have an enjoyable weekend all, and remember to do that thing you do.

No comments: