Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Monday Mail Bag (On Tuesday)



Hello all my peoples.

I am sorry to be late and too have missed last weeks session. I have been on the road, believe it or not. Jean-Louis Crowley has written a rock opera ("Barns a-Busting"), and he had a role in it for me. I played "Old Man Whiskers" who advised young Mitzi to follow her heart and defeat the Festering Fowls of F'Alkerset. I really enjoyed it, although, I was technically just an understudy. Once the regular actor (Sir Ian McWellen) got over his bout with bad clams, I was free to return to my regular duties.

Anyway let's get right to your comments. Our first comes from Elayne Riggs, AKA
Pen-Elayne on the Web, responding to McIckleson's Round the Horn feature.
Woo-hoo, I made it first! Thanks Mr. M!
McIckleson, by the way, has never been in a rock opera. I'm not saying he's not ok at doing those Round the Horns. He's just not as naturally funky as the Space to the Lobster.

Did that seem forced?

Anyway, our next comment comes from the ubiquitous
Random Goblin, responding to a post on Iran and a comment on said post.
Are you kidding?

Do some research, pal. Iran had a major revolution, from within, just a few decades ago. In fact, that's really the source of the contreversy. The Shah's government signed a nuclear non-proliferation treaty. however, that government was overthrown in (I think) the 1970's, and the new government claims to not be subject to the previous government's treaties. which means they have every right to develop nuclear weapons.

It's actually a pretty good argument.
I don't really know much about Iran, but Mr. Goblin sounds pretty confident. Bryant seems to think Mr. Goblin is correct in his assessment. That may be, but has he ever starred in a rock opera? I think not.

Turning to the mail bag, we are getting numerous articles with an ad for refinancing a home I don't had at the top, and blank verse at the bottom. Here's an example.
some cow or suspense some raze try article ! zurich the worry see earring a impassive a brazil be brigantine on opinionate it gurkha it bellmen the housewife Or maybe not
The not is a hyperlink; apparently if you click on it, your computer becomes Virus Town, U.S.A.

Also we got, surprise surprise, several letters asking for our bank accoungt, including one from Ms. Fatmata Konate who signs her name Fatty Konate. Sounds like a character in a bad rock opera. But we also got one from a Mr. Johnson Quartey.
I came to know you in my Private Search for a reliable and reputable person to handle this Confidential Transaction. I am 44years of age and married with 3 lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a man of PEACE and INTERGRITY; I only hope we can assist each other.

. . . On the course of last year 2004 end of year report, I discovered that an excess profit of four million five hundred and fifty thousand dollars[US$4,550,000.00] which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have since place this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any beneficiary.

As an officer of the bank I can not be directly connected to this money, this is why I.m contacting you for us to work so that you can assist and receive this money into your bank account for us to SHARE.
Hmmmmm. I wonder if it is Mr. Quartey's PEACE or INTERGITY that allows him to embezzle $4.5 Million from his bank. I guess it would have to be peace, right?

Anyway that's it for another week. Remember, "I will crush Captain Starfaller with my Mighty Pincers."

No comments: