Monday, December 12, 2005

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Hello all. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, Fictional 1910'2 Plutocrat, bringing you future people links to blogs you might enjoy. A blog is a kind of virtual journal that you let other people read. I keep a journal myself, but I choose not to let other people read it. I am very discrete.

I was supposed to do this on Friday, but the office was shut down. I was in favor of just doing it next Friday like normal, but Cheery feels we have gotten to lax about our regular features, and so required me to do one today. Which I was able to do.

All Facts and Opinion has
a very moving tribute to a singer named John Lennon who was shot some 25 years ago. I don't understand the purpose of shooting singers. Given the tone of this piece, I would gather this singer was quite talented. He sang about love and peace; both of which pay little but have some value.

AND THEN . . . has
information on the uses of chinamen to play computo-mo-box entertainments so that plutocrats have more time to devote to crushing their enemies.

Bloggg has
a collection of pictures of garish light displays for the celebration of Christmas. I told Edison that the lightbulb could be used for evil purposes, but he doubted me.

blogAmy has
interesting pictures of snowy weather. I'm surprised you future people have snow. I thought we are going to build giant bubbles over everything; but I guess you never got around to it.

LeftyBrown's Corner has their
annual awards for best music, movies and comical books. Apparently they are voted on by the fans. Bryant says that Demon Days by Gorillaz really is quite good, but that I would not enjoy it. At any rate, these are the nominees; if you visit the site you can vote for your favorites.

Dohiyi Mir has
an article that suggests that President Bush is isolated in the White House. He does not choose to listen to anybody he does not want to listen to and dismisses all disagreement. That is not a very wise thing for a plutocrat or a president to do. It is gratifying to silence those who disagree with you (or fire them) sometimes they are right. So it's best to give them a listen, write down their ideas respectfully, and then fire them.

Collective Sigh has
a piece on people still displaced and living in tents from the hurricane several months ago. Apparently it puts the current brouhaha over holiday greetings in a proper perspective.

Pen-Elayne on the Web tells of
her adventures in the future medical system. Apparently while the machines and techniques have advanced, the people and their systems for moving people have not advanced, and, in fact, seem to have regressed. Anyway it sounds like she went through quite an ordeal.

The First Draft
reports that most people in Iraq do not want America to continue occupying their country. I guess that shouldn't be surprising all things considered.

The Invisible Library
has suggestions on a revival of a television show called Star Trek. Apparently it would require a new cast and could be quite good. I hope Space Lobster doesn't read this or he will start whining about bringing back his television show.

Words on a Page has
commentary on our current Vice President and his views on the military, which are tainted a bit by his lack of service in said military.

And that is all that we have time for today. Or, to be more accurate, I wish to get on with my day, and so am quitting. Have a nice week, and I'll see you back here on Friday.

No comments: