Friday, December 02, 2005

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Good morning.

Of course I was not here last week, in part to make room for the review of The Godless Constitution, and in part because I didn't feel like doing it. I do not feel like doing it today either, but I also do not wish my connection to the year 2005 severed.

So let's do it.

First of all we have
the return of Republican Sinners in which it is revealed that courtly southern governors continue to have a dark side to them.

As noted before, your future computo-mo-boxes make voter fraud easier than the fevered dreams of Tammany hall might have imagined. Correntewire has some
recent revelations on this issue.

Dodechahedron has
a story on a new scientific discovery; apparently Bees can fly.

Sometimes I think my generation discovered all the really interesting stuff and you future generations are just twiddling your thumbs.

Echidne of the Snakes has some very lengthy posts on the future of feminism (
part 1 and part 2). Well future from my perspective; present from your point of view. It's very interesting; apparently women are going to get the vote. Which strikes me as a good thing. I have noted that the qualities which make for a good plutocrat do not seem confined to any particular race or sex. Woman could potentially be just as cruel and greedy as any man; they can possess the will to power as one philosopher has termed it. But society keeps them from exercising that power, thus weakening society as a whole. So I am in favor of giving woman access to power.

On the other hand, I think voting should be limited to those who produce more than $100,000 a year.

Liberty Street has
the news that the Bush Administration has been planting information in Iraqi Papers. Obviously a smart thing to do. Getting caught; not nearly as smart.

Musing's Musing has
some thoughts on a recent President Bush speech in which he invoked the sacrifice of a dead soldier; apparently there were parts to the soldiers story he didn't cover as well as he might have.

Science and Politics has
a selection of quotes on Human's Specializing in on field or another.

Anyway I specialize in crushing workers beneath my heels and taking their crushed remains and making them into money. And I'm going to get back to doing that right now. See you next week.

No comments: