Friday, November 11, 2005

Around the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production.



Good morning all. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, Fictional 1910's Plutocrat.

I'm afraid I do not have a lot of time today. We are going to be celebrating Armistice Day later on at my various plants, and I need to get ready. Memorizing all the names of my workers who served. It's a lot of work; but worth it I think.

Speaking of Armistice Day, I'm glad to see it celebrated in the future; although you call it Veterans day. Bark Bark Woof Woof has a very well done tribute to those who have served.

Anyway next up is . . . You Are A Tree, which has many interesting photos, as I mentioned last time. This time it's a church in the windows of some marvelous glass building.

archy has an article on how Bill Frist who is the Senate Majority Leader is trying to become President; apparently he fails to understand how to win the war of ideas.

The Countess has some information on the Father's rights movement. I don't entirely understand this issue; but apparently this father's rights movement is a bunch of bounders who harm their offspring, but claim custody of same? I may not fully understand this. At any rate she has more information.

I must say that Trish is not a usual name for a Countess. But it is a lot easier to say than most of the Countesses names I have known.

Iddybud has a story about a plan to seek petroleum in the far north, near Caribou. Apparently, this will cause harm to the Caribou as well as the aborigines in the immediate area. There's also the suggestion that said aborigines have rights. The future is different in a lot of ways from my time.

SoonerThought has the story of a preacher named Pat Robertson who has predicted that Dover Pennsylvania will be condemned by God because they did not support school board members who favored something called Intelligent Design. That seems like a very specific prophecy.

Anyway that is all for this week; hope you have enjoyable Arm . . . Veterans Days.

No comments: