Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Turnabout






Hi Everybody!! Hope you are having a great week! : )

I just finished an
interesting article about the current scandals in Washington and the Conservative Response to them. Of course we all remember the late 1990s when President Clinton was impeached. We all remember Conservatives being very upset about the rule of law and how it wasn't about the sex. But now they have different ideas.
An editorial in the latest issue of the conservative Weekly Standard is a sign of arguments to come. The editorial complains about the various accusations now being leveled against DeLay, Libby, Rove and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, and says that "a comprehensive strategy of criminalization had been implemented to inflict defeat on conservatives who seek to govern as conservatives."

I have great respect for my friends at The Weekly Standard so I think they'll understand my surprise and wonder over this new conservative concern for the criminalization of politics.
I kind of agree that it's silly for Conservatives to get upset about their own candidates getting investigated; but I do think we liberals should be consistent. If we don't like parties using the law to go after Clinton, we shouldn't use the law to go after Delay.

No comments: