Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday Mail Bag



Hello all. Time for another look at the mail we get from slack-jawed yokels.

I wasn't here last week because I didn't feel like it, ok? But I'm here this week, and that should be enough.

Anyway our first comment comes from Aureantes (who has
his own blog) who responds to an old old post referencing the X-Men.
That is, in a nutshell, one of the most sociopolitically trenchant declarations ever thrown forth in a popular medium. The first time I came across it (X-Men anthology from the library--okay, I started late on the reading) I pegged it as a quote to definitely keep on hand.
For those wondering the quote is "Befriend the Fanatic. Often his crazy schemes work out great for all involved. Also Lobsters are your friends."

Second we have comments on
a post on Intelligent design by the ubiquitous Random Goblin and anonymous (poor guy).
Random Goblin : I'm all for ID being taught in schools. Just as long as ID-FSM goes hand in hand with it.

Random Goblin : Because I too have been touched by His noodly appendage.


anonymous : Indeed...
http://www.venganza.org/
Really, that's all you need to say...

Funny, but at the same time, how are you going to argue against this?
I have to say I find that Flying Spaghetti Monster very annoying. For one thing I know him. And when you get to know him, he's much less exciting. For one thing, he's not Spaghetti, he's Linguini.

I remember this distinctly. We were casting for episode 3F12, "Strands of Space" which called for enormous magical strands to grab Captain Starfallers ship. They brought in two actors - Lenny (Linguini) and Sylvia (Angel Haired Pasta). That Sylvia could really bring the passion to her role, and she was very attractive as well. But then she disappeared, under mysterious circumstances. So Lenny got the part.

He was terrible. I kept calling him Carbonara because his acting was so hammy. He didn't like that. Anyway the episode is now pretty much forgotten (thanks be), but I'll always remember him flailing around the stage, squawking with all the dramatic power of a constipate parrot.

And Carbonara the linguini is now pretending he created the universe. I can see why he went with spaghetti; nobody would believe linguini capable of creating the universe. Anyway if he really did create the universe, why would he be working on a children's tv show! And failing! Just something to consider you noodle lovers.

Anyway everybody knows it was really a lobster who created the universe.

Finally from the mail bag, we have a letter from Mr. Patrick Colombo. That's right, we got a letter from Mr. Patrick Colombo. Mr. Patric Colombo wrote and begins his letter this way.
I want to transfer ($125,000.000.00 USD) One Hundred & Twenty five million United States Dollars from a Prime Bank here in South Africa to an oversea account.First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction. This is by virtue of it's nature as being utterly confidential. I am sure and have confidence of your ability and reliability to prosecute a transaction of this great magnitude.
Ooops. Did I mess up your little plan Mr. Patrick Colombo. I guess that means I'm not eligible for swindling any more, eh, Mr. Patrick Colombo? However will I carry on?

Anyway I'm out of here. I've been sober for nearly three hours, and frankly, my body can't handle that. Have a good week, and remember "I will crush Captain Starfaller in my mighty pincers!"

No comments: