Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Spiritual Warrior






Hi everybody! : - )

The people over at
Think Progress do good work generally. That's why it is disturbing to see them making light of Governor Jeb Bush's spiritual side. Apparently Governor Bush made the following comments before a group of lawmakers and politicians.
Chang is a mystical warrior. Chang is somebody who believes in conservative principles, believes in entrepreneurial capitalism, believes in moral values that underpin a free society.

I rely on Chang with great regularity in my public life. He has been by my side and sometimes I let him down. But Chang, this mystical warrior, has never let me down.


If you read the whole article, it's clear that Governor Bush was using Chang as a metaphor for the need to compromise and accomplish rather than let partisan bickering. And if President Bush chooses to personalize this spirit as Chang, who are too mock his spirituality? Rather we should be accepting of beliefs that seem a little strange to us. Or at least that is what I think. : )

No comments: