Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Words of Hope






Hi Everybody!! : )

I'm really excited to be able to continue my association with this website. I was a bit concerned with the return of the Monster and the suddent departure of our previous management that I would be fired as well. But, so far at least, I'm still here.

I also wanted to note, in case I had forgotten to earlier, that this weeks quote comes to us from Irwin J. McIckleson. In case you haven't noticed we are rotating quotes - so that I had the qoute two weeks ago (from Margerat Cho), and Grumbly Muffin had last weeks quote (from P.J. O'Rourke. Next week it will be Space Lobster (and I've already told him that it can't be "I will crush Captain Starfaller with my might pincers"), then The Monster, then Bryant, and then back to the start of the lineup.

At any rate, I wanted to point you to this
prayer/opening comments offered at the Network of Spiritual Progressives Congress that Grumbly Muffin mocked last week. I thought it was very inspiring. : )
Therefore, we believe that Martin King was right: The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.

We believe that James Russell Lowell is right: Truth forever on the scaffold, wrong forever on the throne, yet that scaffold sways the future.

We believe that Fannie Lou Hamer was right: We, too, are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

We believe that Gandhi was right: An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

We believe that Abraham Heschel was right: The road to the sacred leads through the secular.

For in the words of John Kennedy: "Here on earth, God's work must truly be our own."
Those words make me feel good, reading them. They talk of an America of possibilities rather then of being limited by our past or our present.

No comments: