Wednesday, August 31, 2005

We're the Bestest and Anybody who Disagrees will get a Clout on the Head!






Good Morning everybody!!! : )

I've been reading Ben Shapiro ( :( ), and this seems to be the message of
his latest article. America is the bestest and all the rest of the world should act like us. And anybody who questions our bestestness, well, just listen to how he describes Cindy Sheehan.
Sheehan's words are despicable. Dissent is valuable and necessary. Demeaning American values, slandering the President of the United States, openly sympathizing with the murderers of American soldiers -- none of it is valuable or necessary.
You see what happens if you don't acknowledge American Superiority.

I love America, as I think we all do here at Make me a Commentator!!!, but this is a very childish way of loving America, in my mind. I love America so I critique it and try to make it better. That means that when our invasion of Iraq hurts a lot of people and doesn't seem to accomplish a lot, I criticize that decision. Poor Ben Shapiro can't see the difference between such critiques and attacks on America.

No comments: