Friday, August 19, 2005

Round the Horn. An Irwin J. McIckleson Production



Hello. This is Irwin J. McIckleson, fictional 1910's plutocrat. I would to comment that the fact that I am fictional does not mean that I don't feelings. Rather, the fact that I am a plutocrat means that I don't have feelings.

And now for another trip around the Liberal Coalition.

Natalie Davis' All Facts and Opinions has
remembrances of what seems to be a wandering minstrel named Jerry Garcia. Apparently he had depths uncharted.

Bark Bark Woof Woof has
the news that Cindy Sheehan, who was attempting to meet with President Bush, has had to return to California to care for a sick relative. The writer notes that Sheehan's enemies will try to use this against her, and I have to say his analysis of human nature is correct. Whenever there is an opportunity for someone to take base advantage of a situation, someone will eventually step in to take said advantage.

corrente has
a bit more on Cindy Sheehan and the White House's reaction to her protest. Apparently they believe that fighting the enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan is better than fighting them here. That seems illogical; unless you know exactly where the enemies are. But this seems to be like a very deadly game of blindman's bluff.

Liberty Street also has
some thoughts on President Bush and Cindy Sheehan. Apparently President Bush has taken steps to protect himself from criticism and from looking at those his policies have hurt. Everything I hear about President Bush makes me think he is a very weak man. I destroyed hundreds of lives in my time in my quest for plutocratic power. But I stood up to it. There's no benefit in turning away and pretending you haven't hurt people to get what you want, because you can't avoid such realizations forever. What a man does is look at the people he's hurt and says "To blazes with you! I wanted what I wanted and I got what I wanted and if I had to hurt ten times your number I'd do it all again!"

This President Bush character lacks clarity of mind.

Dodechahedron also writes about Sheehan who certainly seems very popular this week. Specifically he
writes about a local landowner there who is waiting for Dove Season where in to practice his marksmanship. I must urge him to wait for Bachman's Warbler season. While these yellow birds are not as symbolically significant as the Dove, they are delicious. I mean you only get a mouthful or two of meet from each bird, but it's nice and tender with a certain piquentness. Goes wonderful in a hash with potatoes and spring onions. And there's millions of the birds. Why I can go out for half an hour and shoot down twenty or thirty Bachman's Warblers!

bloggg has
some thoughts on a new televisio show about people who dance. Apparently it is some sort of competition on this show to be the best dancer. Anyway this writer handicaps the various dancers and seems to know what she is talking about.

Musing's musings has a
very amusing thing you can do involving music and some sort of randomizing device. I hope Stephan Foster is still as popular as ever.

Science and Politics also has
an amusing activity you might enjoy if you go to your local book emporium.

And that is it for another week. I hope you have enjoyed this look around, and have a productive weekend.

No comments: