Monday, August 22, 2005

Monday Mail Bag



Well I have a hangover.

Gartish the Warthog from Gamma 3 flew in last night. Some kind of conference today. Anyway we go out on the town. That guy can drink like he was three people. And of course I had to keep up with him. We ended up hitting like five bars and a sushi joint. And this morning Gartish was up at 7:30 whistling.

I hate Gartish.

That's what happens when you get to be an old lobster like me, you spend nights with people you hate because it's better than clacking your claws alone.

Anyway I don't really hate Gartish; I just have a hangover.

There's not much to respond to. Got another bunch of comments from Random Goblin that continue to be well thought out. Heres one, responding to some discrepancy that Rush Limbaugh uttered.
It's always fun when people try to deny things that are matter of record.
He's right it is fun. But it works sometimes. Particularly in the short term. It's just a matter of conviction - you have to put in your voice the conviction that what you say is the truth and there is no possible way that reality could be anything other than what you say it.

I've never been able to master it myself, but I know people who can.

Also continuing our international tour of people asking me for money, here's some guy from Russia. His name is Alexei Zakharenko[Mr]. I don't know how to pronounce [Mr] at the end of a word like that. I'd know what to say if it was at the beginning, but at the end and in brackets? I just don't know. Anyway apparently he's embezzled a lot of money, and he wants my help investing it.
As a personal consultant to him, authority was handed over to me in transfer of money of an American oil merchant for his last oil deal with my boss Mikhail Khodorkovsky. Already the funds have left the shore of Russia to an European private bank where the final crediting is expected to be carried out. While I was on the process, My Boss got arrested for his involvement in politics . . .
I have to say I strongly support the arresting of anybody involved in politics.

Also geographically, could you explain how money leaves the "shores" of Russia to end up in an "European Private Bank?" I'm no geographer, but surly such money could travel overland? Unless you are talking about Britain or Iceland I suppose.

Anyway I'm going to go lay down for a bit - Gartish's conference will be over soon and apparently we are going to a dinner theater, where they will be butchering both cows and "The King and I." I'm so excited.

He heads back home tomorrow, so next week I should be more my evervescent self.

No comments: