Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Meet the Press!






Some people like to claim that the Press isn't biased against this administration. I don't know how they can maintain that position, given the INCREDIBLE AMOUNT of evidence that the media is biased. Take this question from
yesterdays press briefing.
Q Well, you're in a bad spot here, Scott, because after the investigation began, after the criminal investigation was underway, you said -- October 10th, 2003, "I spoke with those individuals, Rove, Abrams and Libby, as I pointed out, those individuals assured me they were not involved in this." From that podium. That's after the criminal investigation began. Now that Rove has essentially been caught red-handed peddling this information, all of a sudden you have respect for the sanctity of the criminal investigation?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, that's not a correct characterization Terry, and I think you are well aware of that. We know each other very well, and it was after that period that the investigators had requested that we not get into commenting on an ongoing criminal investigation. And we want to be helpful so that they can get to the bottom of this, because no one wants to get to the bottom of it more than the President of the United States. I am well aware of what was said previously. I remember well what was said previously. And at some point, I look forward to talking about it. But until the investigation is complete, I'm just not going to do that.
You can almost hear that reporter licking his lips at the idea of Rove suffering some sort of punishment for his "crime." You can also hear the GLEE with which he TAUNTS poor Scott McClellan.

Fortunately McClellan is more than up to the challenge. Look at that masterful reply. Of course he's not going to respond to these questions; he's been directed not to answer questions by the investigators. This administration (unlike some previous ones I could mention) obeys the law.

I wouldn't be surprised if McClellan wanted to reply. Previously he has been very clear about Rove's involvement in the Plame Matter, and it's possible (indeed, likely) that the White House Press Secretary knows a bit more about the situation than a reporter (particularly a reporter who is clearly BLINDED by his political bias). So I have to think that the end of this story may not be exactly what Liberals are hoping it would be.

No comments: