Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Format of this Site






Hi!

This is Cheery and I need to talk to you about a serious subject, I'm afraid. I have been getting some e-mails from people complaining about the new format of this site and the comments of my fellow commentator, Grumbly Muffin. In regards to Grumbly Muffin's last post, I got this e-mail.
How dare Grumbly Muffin insinuate that Liberal America doesn't love it's nation? How dare he tell us to shut up about the injustices being done in our name? And how dare you let his words flow by unchallenged?
Well a few points. Grumbly Muffin is not a male. If you look at her Blogger ID it says that. We are going to update the website later on this week with a fresh look and links to our individual profiles.

But to the core question; how can I let Grumbly Muffin say what she want? Well because that's the only way to let me say what I want. She has a right to speak her mind. Also, the format of this website doesn't encourage me to argue with her directly. I present my point of view, and she presents hers.

More to the point, it's not my nature to strike such an accusatory tone. Certainly I would never attack her in the language you use; I believe it's important to focus on presenting a positive Democratic message rather than taking time to answer every charge hurled around by our political opposition.

Anyway I just wanted to clear that up so I can get back to our normal routine.

No comments: